Thursday, August 10, 2006

Today I Blog


Tonight I sit at the computer and read blogs of ones in the current conficts around the world. I cannot begin to wonder what it would be like to live in war! Five years ago I sat pondering with my wife about our (her) pregnency, discussing the possibilities of having a child with a disability. My wife is 6 years my senior and our thoughts were of Down Syndome and we decided not to have the tests because it wouldn't change the fact we were having a baby and if that's what was going to happen, then we would just get on with it. I did not know of, or anyone with Cerebral Palsy (CP) at that time BUT I sure know a lot now! I come across many people and everone has a story and this will be mine. From the daily pleasures and hardships we all face, to the absolute mindblowing situations my family have to put up, with just to give my daughter (and her 2 brothers) as normal a life as my wife and I fight for. But that's another post!

No comments: