Thursday, February 05, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away




This rain is starting to drive us crazy.


We were supposed to go up to Broadwater State Forrest on Sat for our Delica Day Out but it's an absolute no go.

A friend in Ingham has about 3-4 foot of water running under his house - and we have to drive through past it to get to Broadwater.


So there's not much to tell cause we haven't been doing much.


Jack had a News Report speech to do at school today, so him and I sat down last night and went through the Courier Mail.


I got him to look at the pics and when he found one he liked I read him the story in his terms.

He found one about the jelly fish blowing up on the beach on the Sunshine coast and so I read it to him.


His teacher told me that he got up and did a very good speech telling the class that it was stinger season and we shouldn't go swimming in the ocean, and that the wind blew lots of Jellyfish up on the beach and the life saver said he has never seen so many jellyfish.


Well Done Jack!!


Last night I put photos of all of Kate's classmates into her trial Liberator 14.

And this morning she was saying "Good Morning Mrs Nolan" and also to all her classmates (by name), which they thought that was pretty cool. So did all the mum's...


Kate's already got a bit of a fan club.


For 3 years we asked her previous school if we could take pics of her classmates to put into her 'talker' and it didn't happen..


We've been at Southern Cross Catholic School 11 days now and it's already done. I spent the day with her class on Monday and the teachers and support workers have taken on everything I have suggested, I think it is going to be a real TEAM environment there for us and Kate.


But most importantly both Kate and Jack are enjoying it.


The young lad who moved into the house across the road over the school holidays is also going to the same school so some days if his Dad has an early start he come with us.


After the Australia Day BBQ and we all had a good social meet everyone seems carrying that on so hopefully we will have a nice little network soon.


Well it's getting late and I have school tomorrow..
So I'm off to bed....

1 comment:

Bree said...

Hi Drew,
What a fantastic blog! Great news about the Liberator 14 trial also - it's always inspiring to hear how these devices can change peoples lives. I'm the Australian contact person for all PRC communication devices, products, training and support so if at any time I can be of help to you, please don't hesitate to give me a buzz or email:
(08) 83625655
bree@liberator.net.au

Cheers,
Bree