Wednesday, February 25, 2009

RIP - Leighton Dowker

Last Sunday night as I surfing around the net of my usual web haunts, I received news that a friend from my surf lifesaving days had suddenly passed. From the details I have he had a fever and then just collapsed on his living room floor and passed away.

He was only 30 years old.

I have many memories of Leighton most of which are of him knocking around over on Magnetic Island with the Picnic Bay SLSC.
He was the type of bloke that no matter what mood you were in he always got you smiling.
He was your typical beached Aussie, tall, broad, tanned and toned, he liked a beer on a hot day and a surf in the morning.

My thoughts are with Kev, Deanne and Aley and Jane.

And Leighton I will never forget your cheeky grin.

RIP Mate

Drew.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Well said, love. I can still see his smiling face when he grabbed us on the jetty a couple of years ago. He was a good kid.